Over night Apple have made some announcements to their product range at the “Hey Siri” evening held at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium in San Francisco. These new products have been in the rumour mill for months but finally they are out and will be available for purchase very soon.
Here are some details of what was announced:
IPHONE 6S & IPHONE 6S PLUS
Apple has released the new iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus with significantly revamped internal hardware, an all new 3D touch interaction model, notably impressive camera features, and a new pink rose gold colour.
Like the prior models, the new iPhones are available in 4.7″ and 5.5″ displays and share enclosures that otherwise mostly look the same from the outside, but that’s about where similarities end as the internal components are dramatically improved.
iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus specs are as follows:
- A9 CPU with M9 motion coprocessor
- 3D Touch and new interaction models in iOS (3D Touch appears to be the renamed Force Touch)
- 7000 series aluminum is stronger than prior aluminum
- 2nd generation faster Touch ID
- LTE Advanced and faster Wi-Fi
- 12MP rear iSight Camera
- 4K Video recording
- 5MP FaceTime HD front camera with screen flash
- Live photos, photos are kind of like mini-movies now
- 16GB, 64GB, and 128GB models available
- Silver, gold, space gray, and new rose gold colour
- Optional docking stations in matching aluminum colours
iPad Pro with 12.9″ Display Debuts, Release Date Set for November
Apple has released the all new iPad Pro, which prominently features a large ultra-high resolution 12.9″ display and desktop class computing performance. Additionally, Apple has debuted a new Smart Keyboard for the iPad Pro, and a separate stylus device called Apple Pencil.
The combination of the flagship iPad Pro product and these new accessories are clearly aimed at a professional user, which should broaden the potential uses of the iPad considerably.
The iPad Pro technical specs are as follows:
- 12.9″ 2732 x 2048 resolution display
- 32GB or 128GB
- A9X CPU
- 10 hour battery life
- 1.5lbs weight
- 4 speaker sound system
- 8MP iSight Camera
- Touch ID
- Available in space gray, silver, and gold
New Apple TV With Siri, App Store, New User Interface and Remote
Apple has released an all new Apple TV with a completely redesigned interface, Siri interactivity for browsing and controlling the device, an App Store, and a new hardware controller with touch capabilities and motion detection.
The new Apple TV is aimed at media viewing and casual gaming, with some pretty interesting features and new interaction methods available through Siri.
Technical specs of the new Apple TV are as follows:
- A8 CPU
- HDMI, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Ethernet, IR
- New remote control with touchpad, accelerometer and gyroscope, dedicated Siri button, volume control
- Siri voice control
- App Store with apps
- Runs tvOS, which is based on iOS (which is based on OS X), but built for the living room
- 3rd party controllers support, ability to use iPhone and iPod touch as additional controllers for multiplayer games
The new Apple TV is really best shown than described, and Apple has put together a great video demonstrating the new features:
The new hardware box looks similar, but the remote itself is completely different.
The Siri interactivity with Apple TV can do everything from search shows and movies, rewind and pause video, get live weather reports, sports scores, play music, and perform other device functions.
ipad mini 4
Apple just announced its iPad mini 4, alongside the all-new iPad Pro. Specs of the iPad mini 4 are largely the same tech inside as the iPad Air 2, which means it’ll be faster and more efficient.
You can watch the full keynote here —-> http://www.apple.com/apple-events/september-2015/